Skip to main content

Billing FAQ

How do I sign up for Auto Pay? 

Learn more about Auto Pay Options here:  Auto Pay - Oak Lodge Water Services

Does OLWS bill monthly or bi-monthly? 

Residential accounts are billed bi-monthly (every two months). While commercial accounts are billed monthly.

Does my bill seem high? 
  • Each customer's bill is unique. Water bills vary by meter/service size and volume of water consumed. Sewer bills vary based on the average of winter water use and a set annual base rate.
  • Most customers are billed bi-monthly. Please note that we often describe rates on both a bi-monthly and monthly basis so customers can compare their District bills to other monthly utility bills.
How do I start or stop my service? 

Call the District office at (503) 654-7765 to let us know if you are new to the area and would like to start service, or if you are a long time customer who is moving out. We are happy to take care of this for you if you call Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Or you can simply fill out and submit our online form.

I have a question, who is the best person to contact? 

For questions or concerns call (503) 654-7765 or email

For question about the permit process please email or call 503-353-4205.

What are your hours? 

Oak Lodge Water Services
14496 SE River Road, Oak Grove, OR 97267 
Lobby Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Permits and Technical Services
14611 SE River Rd, Oak Grove, OR 97267
Lobby Hours: Monday - Thursday from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Our team is available 24 hours a day. If you see water gushing up out of either the street, ground, or from a manhole, please call (503) 654-7765. Use the same number if you notice sewer spills or if you see someone illegally dumping into a stormdrain.

Who do I call for an Emergency? 

For Water and Wastewater emergencies: If you suspect a water or sewer main break in the street or in connection with your home, please call the District at 503-654-7765. We have an after hours answering service which will contact the on-call employee. We can also assist homeowners with turning water off at their meter in the event of a leak. 

For Stormwater emergencies: please call the Clackamas County Floodplain assessment contact information is (503) 742-4500. Clackamas County is responsible for flooding in the Oak Lodge Water Services area.

Why did my bill go up? 

Take a look at your account to check the water consumption. A big jump could indicate a leak. You can call the office at (503) 654-7765 and we will go over your bill with you.

How can I manage my bill? 

You can save money with our tips and tools to help you reduce consumption and conserve water. For conservation tips, check out the Clackamas River Water Providers website at:

Why are there locates on my street? 

There can be a number of reasons why we may have located services on your street. Often we locate because a company requested one from all utilities. For example, a cable provider may plan to do work on your street. It is also possible we planning to work in the area. You can contact our office and we will do our best to give you any information we have regarding the locates but we may not have complete information if we are just responding to a request. 

Here are the color codes for locates:

RED: Electric Power Lines, Cables, Conduit and Lightning Cables
BLUE: Water
ORANGE: Telecommunications, Cable
PINK: Temporary Survey Markings
GREEN: Sewer/Storm Drains
PURPLE: Reclaimed Water/Irrigation Lines

person sitting at a computer
Join our mailing list