Friday, June 25, 2021. Chlorine Shortage Update
(June 25, 2021) — The next few days are going to be a scorcher with record-setting hot temperatures. We can report some great news that the chlorine facility in Longview, WA is now back online. We have also received a chlorine delivery at our water treatment plant and water reclamation facility.
With that in mind, here are some water tips and ideas to beat the heat:
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Don’t forget about your pets!
- Keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator for drinking instead of waiting for the water from the tap to get cold.
- If you are watering landscaping, do it early in the morning before 10 a.m. or late at night to reduce evaporation – avoid the hottest times of the day.
- Avoid washing your car – it’s an easy way to conserve water and avoid the heat.
- Postpone new plantings – they don’t like the extreme heat either!
- Check all your indoor faucets, toilets and pipes for leaks - a faucet drip or invisible leak in a toilet can add up to over 100 gallons per week.
- Teach your kids about the importance of using water wisely – it’s a precious resource we all take for granted! Check out this virtual lesson, click here.
- Read your 2021 water quality report, click here.
- Sign up to get your weekly watering number for our region with the Regional Water Providers Consortium, click here.
To all our customers in the area, thank you for your voluntary help and support. For questions, please contact the District at (503) 654-7765 or email@example.com